On the surface a parody of Jacques Cousteau’s undersea documentaries, but even if you were born too late to grow up on Cousteau on television, this is a brilliant masterpiece of understated droll comedy with a touch of Chaplinesque pathos. Starring Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Anjelica Huston, Willem Dafoe and other luminaries. Lost a lot of money at the box office because it was halfway intelligent. Perhaps the humor was inaccessible to the masses.
- God Told Me To. Directed by Larry Cohen. USA, 1976.
- 1909. Corner in Wheat. Directed by D.W. Griffith.
- Men in Black. Directed by Ray McCarey, Featuring The Three Stooges. USA, 1934.
- 1908. El Hotel Electrico (The Electric Hotel), directed by Segundo de Chomon
- 8-1/2. Directed by Federico Fellini. Italy, 1963.